What is H-Piling?
Steel H-piling are bearing piles required in deep foundation projects when the existing foundation is too shallow. H-piles are as wide as they are deep and have the same thickness in the flange and the web. In fact, the H design provides a better weight distribution over a wider area. Furthermore, this helps to support heaver, larger structures such as bridges and skyscrapers.
When considering a steel piling choice, including pipe piles, H-piles have many advantages based on the application and soil type the pile will be driven into at the job site. In fact, H-piling is most effective at transferring the load through the pile to the tip. Some additional advantages of H-piles include:
- Versatility: H-piles can be used in both friction and end bearing applications
- Driven with standard equipment – no need to purchase or rent a pile driver designed for a high-end application
- H piles are good to use when tension is a consideration. In fact, they provide superior resistance to pull out when that is a factor
H-piles are suitable for a wide variety of markets. These include:
- Buildings, such as skyscrapers
- And more!
When a deep foundation is determined to be necessary by Geotechnical Engineering, piling products, such as H-piles, will be present.
At Contractors Steel, we have the first-step processing experience to service the H-piling market. We can fabricate points that are pre-beveled protect the bottom of the pile during installation through challenging soils. In addition, we can splice together longer piles for your deep foundation projects. Furthermore, we offer piling pockets and additional fabrication services – contact us for a quote today!
Contractors Steel Carries the following specifications of H-piles:
- ASTM A572-50/ASTM A572-60
- ASTM A588
- ASTM A992/ASTM A572-50S
Need a pile in a hurry? At Contractors Steel, we are driven to support your piling projects. We carry the following:
- H-piles (20’-70’ lengths – 5’ increments)
- HP10 x 42, 57
- HP12 x 53, 63, 74, 84
- HP14 x 73, 89, 102, 117
- HP16 x 88, 101, 121, 141, 162, 183
At Contractors steel, we are driven by piling – contact us today for a quote on your next piling job.